Established in 2005, Partners-Jordan has been one of the leading independent civil society organizations in Jordan, proudly serving as pioneers for bringing advocacy as a topic and approach to Jordan. Partners-Jordan is a member of an international network comprised of over 22 Partners Network Centers across the globe.Our organizational objectives are to:
- Provide capacity building and facilitate multi-stakeholders to promote the advancement of civil society organizations in Jordan.
- Promote mediation and peacebuilding in Jordan.
- Provide conflict and change management trainings and services.
- Promote good governance and social accountability.
- Promote citizens’ participation in Jordan’s social and political development.
- Understand and address the closing of civic spaces to protect civil society in the MENA region.
Partners-Jordan is legally-registered in Jordan under the Ministry of Trade and Industry as a non-profit company and its accounts are audited. Partners-Jordan has a staff size of 5 full-time staff and the 2017 annual budget was $200,000. Partners-Jordan’s 2018-2019 budget is nearly $300,000. Partners-Jordan is located in Swefieh, Amman and legally-registered in Jordan as a non-profit company and its accounts are audited.
A Deeper Look into Our Work
Partners-Jordan has contributed to numerous advocacy campaigns in Jordan including: amending the Law governing NGOs and Associations in Jordan, advocating for safe and shared streets; advocating for the protection and widening of civic spaces in Jordan; advocating for budget transparency and anti-corruption in Jordan through the Jordan Budget Alliance (JBA), and more. Partners-Jordan has collaborated with and built the capacities of over 120 emerging and established civil society organizations and community-based organizations across the nation as well as over 30 formal and informal youth initiatives. Since 2018 Partners-Jordan has committed to begin incorporating a Human Rights-Based Approach in its work to promote rights-holders and inclusiveness at the center of its work in order to increase good governance practices and encourage citizen participation in Jordan.