Strengthening Inclusive Education in Host Communities Through Collaborative Social Accountability Processes in Jordan
With funding from the World Bank and the Global Partnership for Social Accountability (GPSA), Partners Jordan is implementing a project under the title “Strengthening Inclusive Education in Host Communities Through Collaborative Social Accountability Processes in Jordan”. The aim of this project is to improve the capacities of Jordanian civil society organizations (CSOs) to support inclusive education and to engage with the main stakeholders in the field of education to prepare and improve education policies. The project also seeks, through building the capacities of civil society organizations, to support the design, implementation, and evaluation of school improvement plans, and advocacy for effective solutions to enhance the outcomes and feedbacks, by establishing effective mechanisms for learning and children’s learning for Jordanians and non-Jordanians communities through the Ministry of Education (MoE) and the schools.
- Capacity development for collaborative social accountability
- Tailored grant-making
- Monitoring, evaluation, knowledge and learning
- Building CSOs’ capacities to support the design, implementation and evaluation of school improvement plans and advocate for solutions,
- Supporting civil society to play an intermediary role in strengthening accountability in refugees’ education;
- Monitoring and supporting collaborative social accountability in sustaining spaces for collaborative engagement and problem resolution amongst key education actors (education councils, principals, teachers, school development committees, parents and students);
- Improving service delivery and strengthening social cohesion within community with special emphasis on vulnerable groups (girls, persons with disabilities, persons with specific needs, refugees);
- identify and address gender barriers to education access and quality;
- Generating citizen feedback that can be used to inform public policy and solve education quality and governance problems; and,
- Enabling the participation of Jordanian civil society, and particularly NGOs, to support the implementation of the Education strategy at all levels and co-develop solutions with key actors (MoE and municipalities).